Old 13-02-2007, 10:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Grow Your Own Veg - yesterday

On 12 Feb, 23:36, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
"Keith (Dorset)" wrote ...

Oh dear... :-(

Well Keith, as someone with a little knowledge of growing one's own I find
the program rather entertaining in the almost childlike enthusiasm for the
subject, like the look on a child's face digging their first self grown spud
etc., wonderful to behold.
I also like Carol as a presenter and find her enthusiasm infectious (just
like Roy Lancaster). She does know about growing (pretty) stuff, has done it
for years, made a living out of it and built a business around it so also
has my respect.
Sounds awful but I actually didn't expect to learn much because it's on at
peak viewing time, a time when no program will be shown that might appeal to
a severely restricted audience like a serious down and in-depth gardening
program about veg growing would.
If it enthuses only one person to take up the challenge of growing their own
I say "Good on yer Carol".

Hear hear!!

And the arthritis in her hands ( did anyone else notice?) must be bloody
painful and still she smiles.

Yes, I did the first time. It's amusing to read some comments about
her hair, clothes and enthusiam. If she didn't have messy hair, dirty
clothes and had little enthusiasm, she wouldn't be a gardener )