Old 13-02-2007, 01:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance David Rance is offline

Default OT - Nightingales in February?

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007, Dave Poole wrote:

Although the song is quite different, I can't help wondering whether
you've heard robins singing David. With the onset of the breeding
season males often sing throughout the night, regardless of light
conditions. There's one very cheerful chappie resident in my garden
who's been singing his heart out for several hours every night over
the past few weeks.

Yes, that does seem more likely. I hadn't thought of the robin.

Grateful thanks to all those who responded to my question.

David

--
David Rance http://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk
Fido Address: 2:252/110 writing from Le Mesnil Villement, Calvados, France