Old 26-03-2003, 04:08 AM
madgarder

Default WHERE OH WHERE! can I find a Spiraea Thunbergii???????

is this the old fashioned Spirea that has clusters of white flowers like a
bridal bouquet or the button flowers? At the Lowes where I work at in
Morristown, Tennessee we have gotten in the old fashioned Spirea that has
the clusters of white flowers like a bridal bouquet. They are $9.97 in two ?
or three gallon pots. If you'd like, I can get you one, and if you reimburse
me the shipping and price, would send it to you priority mail (I wouldn't
water it the day I box it up so it would arrive less heavy). Let me
know........e-mail me
madgardener who has three kinds of Spirea, the button, the bridal bouquet
and an unusual pink one that looks like fuzzy catapillars that is a Korean
one that slipped into my gardens thanks to Mary Emma..................
"Pat Davis" wrote in message
om...
Pam wrote in message

Pat Davis wrote I live in the Richmond, VA area and cannot for the life of
me find a plain old Spiraea Thunbergii.(Green leaves, white flowers) The
very few that I am able to find (mail order and locally) are the newer
varieties with yellow leaves or pink flowers. I searched in vain last fall
for one and now have gone another planting season without one.

They are in bloom right now, and I am just frantic to find one.

PLEASE HELP!

Maybe this will help http://monticello.avenue.org/garden/nurseries.html
Just a short follow up Thanks for your reply.

I called the two places in Richmond on the list: One was no go and the other
one will be getting some plants in on Fri, but doesn't know the variety.

The other nurseries are on the other side of the state...