Old 14-02-2007, 01:17 AM posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.gardens.edible
TeaLady (Mari C.) TeaLady (Mari C.) is offline

Default Ttop posting.

Vandy Terre wrote in
:

Some of us top post because we want to irritate spammers
that post across several unrelated newsgroups.

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 20:23:42 -0000, (Dick
Adams) wrote:

R M. Watkin wrote:

The reason that people top post is because all the excess
dross is not sniped.

The reason that people top post is because they are too
damn lazy to snip the irrevelant portions of the message to
which they are responding.

This means you have to wade through the whole post to get
to the point.

This does not happen when posters follow net etiquette.

Hope this helps you.

Not really! What would really help is a psychiatric study
identifying the various other social disfunctionalities
associated with people who top-post to newsgroups.

Spammers ? Where !?!?!?!!!!1111?one

Oh, you mean people who xpost ! I thought someone was trying
sell V1agRa or something, and was all ready with a witty reply
as to why a good portion of the readers would not be
interested, and those that might be certainly wouldn't want
the rest of the world (or at least that part reached by
usenet) to know about it.

Of course, you are also implying that no one on either group
posted to is interested in either gardening or alternate
religions, and that would be just wrong, as I, for one, might
hold an interest in both. And maybe at the same time.

--
TeaLady (mari)

"The principle of Race is meant to embody and express the
utter negation of human freedom, the denial of equal rights, a
challenge in the face of mankind." A. Kolnai