Old 13-02-2007, 11:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Re 'The Test'

On 13/2/07 20:25, in article ,
"Mike Lyle" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 13/2/07 18:12, in article

,
"Mike Lyle" wrote:
snip He will, by the way, of course delete all emails collected

after
the experiment: that and other data protection matters should have

been
mentioned in the introduction.

Mike I can never do these things because once I get to the number

questions,
I'm a goner! But when I tried, I couldn't get it to load past (I

think)
page 11. Is that a Mac user problem, perhaps?

I think it must be. I'm sorry, but I suspect it's probably too late to
fix it -- but of course I'll report it to him. (Funny how some people
are naturally less at home with numbers: one of my daughters and one of
my nieces have the same gonerness, though way above average at language
and other things.)

Please don't be sorry because I don't think anyone is likely to set up such
a quiz and take into account all the programming required for e.g. a Mac
user. There must be a good deal going on in his life besides worrying about
that!
You cheer me up on both counts. ;-) I'm quick on basic mental arithmetic
because I was taught it very well at my first school when I was 4 or 5. We
did times tables and mental arithmetic every morning, first lesson. But
later teachers were awful and my convent school 'maths Nun' quite literally
drove me close to a nervous breakdown at 12. I had such terrible nightmares
that I used to fight to keep myself awake. To this day a sort of haze comes
over my brain the minute someone talks figures or money or tax matters or
whatever to me and it annoys me very much about myself because in other
areas I'm not stupid.
Words and letters are a breeze - love them! I think I'm a walking example
of the results of good and bad teaching.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk