Old 14-02-2007, 02:38 AM posted to rec.gardens
Zootal Zootal is offline

Default How to garden in wet ground?

Well, once the rainy season is over, everything is just fine. It's just a
challenge sometimes to get spring veggies planted because of the rain/mud.
Summer here is awesome for gardening. It so happens that we had a 3 week dry
spell, and i was able to till my entire garden (Woohoo!). Now it's raining
again but I got the onions, garlic, and potatoes in, and I'm going to try to
poke some pea seeds into the mud this weekend.

My soil drains very well. Last year I planted in beds and tried to flood the
beds to water, but the water drained down into the soil faster then I could
apply it. Ended up setting up sprinklers to water with.

"gardenlen" wrote in message
g'day zootal,

you ever considered using raised beds?

we have pics and description on how we do our beds at our site you are
welcome to have a look.

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 20:23:32 -0800, "Zootal"
wrote:

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len