Old 14-02-2007, 09:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance David Rance is offline

Default OT - Nightingales in February?

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007, cineman wrote:

Take a look at this site with recordings of popular wild birds see if it
helps identify your feathered friend

Interesting. The recording of the nightingale on that site was made at 2
a.m.! Even later than when I heard the bird in question. I was awake
last night at around 3 a.m. and heard it again but the rain was making
so much noise I couldn't hear the song properly. Strange - it was
singing in the rain the other night.

Many thanks for that, though I'll have to wait until I get back to
England to hear it as Realplayer crashes my laptop!

David

--
David Rance http://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk
Fido Address: 2:252/110 writing from Le Mesnil Villement, Calvados, France