Old 14-02-2007, 12:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Totally OT, help requested

In article et, Sally
Thompson writes

I must admit, I would really like to know some time which ones I got wrong
and why. I thought some of the shapes were quite hard - and the wheelbarrows
were definitely difficult, as someone else has already said. You'd think
gardeners would get the wheelbarrows right if nothing else!

Sometimes. Those of us who do every crossword/questionnaire or quiz we
come across are guilty of looking too hard at questions, suspecting a
drawback or cunningly concealed ulterior motive or catch.

The times I've struggled with a Telegraph question and given it to Tom
who sees it immediately as being what it 'looks like' rather than any
underlying mysterious solution

but .............

HOOOOOORAAAAAAY ............... (sort of thread-related)
I got a letter today to say I had won a packet of every Unwin Sweet Pea
PLUS a ten pound voucher in the Gardening Answers Crossword competition
last month! Never won anything before and am really delighted

I've just received my order of 24 packets of special Sweet Peas from
Roger Parsons ..........
never mind, the Gardening Club will be great to use the seeds if I
germinate, pot up, then sell for Club donations, then I can spread the
good fortune. (Very superstitious, me)

Janet

--
Janet Tweedy