Old 14-02-2007, 04:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle Mike Lyle is offline

Default Totally OT, help requested

Sally Thompson wrote:
On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 12:43:59 +0000, June Hughes wrote
(in article ):

In message , Janet Tweedy
writes

snip

Good job someone else commented on the scores, I was really miffed
that in my old age I could only get 144 out of poss. 200? But then
I am a sad competitive individual anyway

Me too - 144. But what makes you think it's out of 200? If it's
meant to be a measure of IQ (though I don't take that seriously),
surely no-one has an IQ of 200? I thought it was a nice bit of fun.

[...]

We shouldn't, as I think I've said, take the scores too seriously: these
things need to be done in controlled conditions. I'm fairly sceptical
about the general usefulness of these tests anyhow. And of course, as a
pedant though no mathematician, I'd say "quotient" is, strictly
speaking, inappropriate language deriving from tests for children, in
which the IQ came from the formula "mental age / chronological age *
100": it's done in a statistical way for adults.

--
Mike.