Old 14-02-2007, 05:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle Mike Lyle is offline

Default Totally OT, help requested

'Mike' wrote:
"Broadback" wrote in message

however there was no time limit

which makes it a stupid exercise not to be taken seriously.

Except that we don't know what was being tested -- as it happens, I have
reason to suspect that it _wasn't_ IQ. Apart from anything else, this
kind of experiment, just like market research, tends to be invalidated
if its subjects know what it's about.

I think, like others, that a "health warning" should have been given
along with the reported score. Of course scores arrived at in these
conditions have little scientific validity, and should be treated mainly
as a bit of fun -- after all, what actual use is it to adults to know
their IQ? We must await the debriefing.

--
Mike.