Old 15-02-2007, 01:05 AM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default Moles/gophers heading my way - how to stop?

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 12:18:56 -0500, William Wagner
wrote:

http://www.gardensalive.com/product....cd2=1171469836

I've used Castor oil that I purchased at a drug store. (Pricey) I've
dug holes and added battery power vibrators. I've placed milky spore
disease on my small lawn. I've stepped on their runs and installed a
spike trap. Twice killed one. I've got mole plants spurge. (SP?) . Still
they come.

I buy gutter guard and chicken wire to make physical barriers. I've
also placed tulips in wires boxes. Next step is broken glass as they are
bleeders. (Do not like the idea as it would most likely get me.)

Still end up pressing soil down about young trees. Makes me more
paranoid but slow death to so many young plants gets my attention.

I live in the woods and do not recommend planting any thing in a
straight line. (Bulbs)

Bill who is looking at garden catalogs still ).

It's funny how the people who want to kill things because of their
attachment to their turf and plants are also the ones with the most
problems with what you perceive to be pests. Moles are insectivores
and I don't think they eat bulbs. I could be wrong.