Old 14-02-2007, 08:36 PM posted to aus.gardens
meeee meeee is offline

Default Fragipani cuttings

"John Savage" wrote in message
om...
"meeee" writes:
Thanks for this! I've had trouble with the pinks and reds as well, so this
will be worth a try.

I used to regularly walk past a garden with a frangipani whose flowers
were such a dark purple as to be practially black. They were smallish and
not as attractive as the common frangi, but such a novelty. Unfortunately
the branches were out of reach from the street :-(
and I wasn't brave enough to knock and ask
whether I could please have a cutting.

Then one day I discovered that the tree had been cut back to just a stump!
It never regrew, so my opportunity to own a black frangipani slipped by!
There weren't even any prunings piled up anywhere that I could rifle.

ARGH!! Those HEATHENS!!! *Sigh* And they probably never knew what they had
either....