Old 14-02-2007, 08:18 PM posted to austin.gardening
Bob Bob is offline

Default Using gray water

Our washing machine is near an outside wall. I chiseled through the brick,
cut a
hole in the inside wall, and installed a two inch PVC pipe about three feet
tall.

On the outside, the PVC pipe goes into a 55 gallon plastic barrel which lays
on its side. I rigged up an attachment to the bottom of the barrel onto
which I attached a hose.

I run hose out about 150 feet to water Live Oak trees. The washer uses
about 30 gallons per wash load, so rather than waste it in the septic
system, I thought it was better to use for watering. We never use bleach in
the wash, only Tide.

My question is: Is there anything in the water that will damage the trees?

Thanks, Bob