Old 15-02-2007, 05:18 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Eric[_2_] Eric[_2_] is offline

Default Need info about San Diego !

Claude,
Welcome to our town. Check out http://www.sdorchids.com/index.html
Open the link to the monthly newsletter and look for local grower's
ads/info.
You'll be right near the bay at your hotel, and I'm afraid there isn't much
orchid activity downtown. For sure, rent a car and go up the 5 towards
Encinitas and Oceanside. That's where the growers are (Andy's on a stick,
for example). Not all are open to the public, but call ahead.Too bad you
won't be in town for the gala Orchid Show March 23-25...but you didn't want
to hear that...
Good luck!
Eric

"Claude" wrote in message
Hello everyone!

On march 8th, 9th and 10th, I will be in San Diego for a research meeting.

would like to know if there is an orchid vendor nearby the Manchester

Grand
Hyatt .
I would like to get a flask not a plant !

Thanks

Claude