Old 15-02-2007, 08:43 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
P. van Rijckevorsel P. van Rijckevorsel is offline

Default Julie from INDIA

"Alan Meyer" schreef
I sympathize with Indian and other third world students, many
of whom have no way to get the hard currency needed to buy
these books from legal sources. In some ways I see what
you are doing as a service to them. But American or European
buyers who pay you for these books are violating the laws of
their countries.

I wish that weren't true. I wish there were other ways to fund
the huge costs of writing and publishing these books besides
selling them for $100 US or more each. But at the current
time, there aren't.

I'm curious to hear what other people think about this.

Alan

***
I will agree with both sentiments expressed
PvR