Old 15-02-2007, 09:28 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Please Help Identify Seedling - Strange seedling.JPG (1/1)

"Robert Chehey" wrote in message
news
That's better!

It's a wild Euphorbia. It's the one they call caper spurge, I think
(Euphorbia lathyrus). But don't try pickling those seeds!

And the sap can be caustic on some skins, it used to be put on warts.

But it's a fascinating plant, a biennial usually. The second year it loses
that splendid columnar estate with directly opposing leaves.

We love it!

One of its lesser cousins is small and soft with a very different shape and
it grows everywhere in my garden, the hens don't eat it so I do have some
patches of green.

Mary