Old 15-02-2007, 07:22 PM posted to austin.gardening
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default Buddhist friendly animal repellant...

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 12:43:03 -0600, Omelet
wrote:

Got this from another list.

I don't really get any kicks out of killing "pest" critters, so
I plan to try this:

http://www.critter-repellent.com/

Here is another problem; repellants made of animal urine is directly
from the fur trade. They trap and crate these animals in tiny areas
and their urine is collected in the most inhumane ways I can think of,
sometimes by needle aspiration directly into their bladders.

So, if you are using this particular product to feel better about not
killing, also be mindful of the killing of animals in order to get
this urine. It will also attrace the same animals the urine is
extracted or collected from.

If you are a Buddhist, you have to check on everything. I know we
kill every second just breathing microbes, taking showers killing
bacteria, eating...but we must be mindful of this and include these
sentient beings the way we do our own mothers. That's the Buddhist
way.