Old 26-03-2003, 06:56 AM
Jenrose

Default weeds?

"B & J" wrote in message
"Jenrose" wrote in message
I like my way better.

I plant dandelions and cultivate the moss.

If I want 'em, they're not weeds.

Jenrose

You do your thing, and I'll do mine. BTW, I'm glad I'm not your neighbor.
:-) I do like moss though.

John

I've never understood the whole anti-moss thing. My dad has moss in his
front yard and it is SO much softer and prettier than the grass most people
grow. Doesn't need mowing as often, either, and requires somewhat less water
to stay green.

I sort of like the look of moss on roofs though, even if I don't like what
the moss *does* to the roof. Wish there was a way to make a roof that could
grow moss without deteriorating...lol!

I don't usually go out of my way to plant dandelions--they do such a good
job of it themselves. But I do occasionally cook up the greens or tincture
the roots--very nutritous! Plaintain (another common weed) is a great
healing herb, and red clover is tonic.

I have very little use for grass, though. Nasty stuff. I'm horribly
allergic.

Jenrose