Old 15-02-2007, 08:13 PM posted to rec.gardens
William Wagner William Wagner is offline

Default Moles/gophers heading my way - how to stop?

In article ,
Jangchub wrote:

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 10:53:15 -0500, William Wagner
wrote:

I think the moles are taking a bad rap. But their tunnels provide
VOLES easy access to plant roots. My plants are not silly and have been
nurtured for decades. Sad to find a dogwood listing and being able to
pull it up to find a girdled spear point.

I'm never mindful but I am aware that the Zen Buddhist in 1940 Japan
went along with the program. Also read in the Dali Lama's biography
that he some times shoots aggressive birds at his feeder. Must be the
human condition.
So no Moles = No Voles or maybe less Voles.

Bill

Okay, Bill. Please give me the author and name of this book with the
page where it says His Holiness killed anything, ever.

You're a weird if you think the Dalai Lama has ever HELD a weapon, let
alone shoot one at any living thing.

Provide the title of the book. Is it Kundun? Author?

I think the info is in here. I can't find the actual book as it around
here somewhere. I've been reading for ~50 years weird stuff.
Can't help you with the page number.

http://www.amazon.com/Dalai-Lama-Bio...phies/dp/03133
22074/sr=1-3/qid=1171569979/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3/102-9391882-1140908?ie=UTF8&s
=books

The other book is "Zen at War" ISBN 0-8348-0405-0

Bottom line. Buddhist are not special.

Bill

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade