Old 16-02-2007, 12:09 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ jan ~ jan is offline

Default Sick koi and need advice (with pics)

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 11:06:03 -0600, Zëbulon wrote:

BTW the herons here are
the small ones about the size of a banty rooster.

Instead of being defensive, you could have mentioned this and the size of
the fish.

A Great Blue Heron, could fly away with an 18-24" fish, it has happened
here. So they don't have those in your area of Tennessee? My bird book says
they are throughout the USA (and beyond). You're lucky.

Why not jan? Everyone else seems to feel they can lash out at me and say
anything they want.

Then you're no different then when Roy was attacking everyone. I wasn't
attacking you, I wasn't even personally addressing you at the time. I was
just mentioning what I know. You took it personal and then lashed out at
me. So why not you ask? Because it is wrong and hypocritical.

They lash out and jump on everything I say. Everything
has to be explained down to the last minute detail.

If you don't want to be misunderstood. When I say heron, and I bet 90% of
the people here do also, I think of the Great Blue.

Why and *I* held to a different standard? Why didn't you do this to the other poster to
recommended shooting and killing a protected bird, never mentioning it was
both illegal and immoral here in the USA?

Stick to the present and not some long past post. I didn't see this posted
recently here on RP, and if someone else covered it, I didn't see anything
to add. Last time I saw someone post that information was long, long ago. I
don't pull up old posts that have since lost their importance or
timeliness.

Then please ask for details before lecturing me on illegally "dumping
diseased" fish in waterways.

I didn't, see paragraph 3. I can't help it if you see everything I type as
lecturing YOU. That is YOUR problem not mine.

You're lecturing me on wildlife laws

You're getting your posters mixed up. I didn't even mention wildlife laws.

I'm well aware of without asking me for
more information *FLOORS* me - since you never did this to anyone else. Why
do it to me?

When I have replied to something that is a misunderstanding due to what
that poster typed, they come back and civilly fix it. They rarely took it
as a personal attacked. Why are you different you ask? That's why.

I don't want to hear it's legal to kill Herons in the UK because he didn't
tell the poster that - and YOU never said a word!!!! God help me if I
posted something like that.

I rarely EVER post on what makes heron an edible meat. It is not a hot
button for me, others cover that topic quite well. I never have and
probably never will. So my not saying a word wasn't a new MO for me. ~ jan