Old 16-02-2007, 02:18 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.food.cooking,rec.gardens.edible
Nancy Young Nancy Young is offline

Default How do you get the most bang for your fruit & vege buck?

"James" wrote

Produce is high these days. Cheapest for me for 5 daily store bought
fruit & vege servings a banana, cabbage, dry beans, carrot, squash.

Home grown is even more expensive because animals and birds eat my
fruits before they ripe. I do however get a few odd veges and a good
crop of tomatoes and garlic each year.

The best bang for the buck would be frozen vegetables.

nancy