Old 16-02-2007, 07:33 AM posted to rec.ponds
Zebulon Zebulon is offline

Default Sick koi and need advice (with pics)

"~ jan" wrote in message
On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 22:57:00 -0600, Zëbulon
wrote:

THANK YOU! I also have permission from the owner of that pond to release
my
culls there.

Unless you can net it, better not... according to what you say below that
should do.

So you think it's OK to release "diseased" fish in farm ponds? I got the
impression from your past messages that I shouldn't do that because there
may be a huge heron to come by and take a fish and drop it in a river or
lake. I misunderstood. So really said it was ok to release them in a farm
pond. It's a bit confusing now if you said it's ok or not ok. If you feel
it's not OK then indeed you should net your own ponds so as not to be a
hypocrite. You never know when a huge heron will snatch up one of your fish
carrying a parasite or incubating a disease and infect a waterway in your
area. I'm sure you agree. :-)

As for netting. If you were as concerned about huge birds carrying fish and
dropping them in natural waterways you would already have netted your ponds.
Let me know when you net yours and I'll speak to the owners of the stock
ponds about netting theirs. ;-)

A contradiction? Nowhere did I clam they definitely 100% do not exist
here.

You implied you only had green herons, too small to carry off large koi.

All I've seen for the past 25 years are the small herons.

I've never seen one. Can you guarantee there is or isn't one where you
live.

Huh? Yeah, I've seen them, plenty of times.

OK, I haven't. All we see here are the small herons and cranes which stay
around the lake. They're not known to bother ornamental ponds here.

If your ponds are not netted you are endangering
nature yet don't seem too concerned.

You have NO IDEA what I've been doing or not doing in the last 2 years.
And
you put culls and pox-infected fish in stock ponds..... and plan to do so
still.

You have no idea what I do either so why ACCUSE me of doing anything? For
all I know herons can be carrying your DISEASED fish and dropping them all
over the place, in all the ponds, rivers and lakes in your area. Since you
have no nets there's nothing to stop them. How do you know what I plan to
do in the future? Are you now claiming you can read crystal balls or tea
leaves? :-O Are you going to send me pox infested fish Jan? I know
this will disappoint you but I don't have anymore with pox. Can you handle
that? So were do you think I'll get them from? The culls yes. Why does
that bother you so much? Why does it get your goat that the farmers allow
this for mosquito control?

What did I accuse you of- assuming before asking me
for more info on the stock pond? WELL???

Hello? Lately you've been accusing me of lecturing and attacking, and
expecting more out of you than others.

WELL haven't you? Since when did you treat other posters like this? You
never even said a word about these stock ponds and my culls and I mention
them every year at least. Suddenly *NOW*... you have so much to say about
the subject. Why is that?

were so very concerned about nature you would have your ponds netted and
convince everyone you know to net your ponds.

While you put culls in stock ponds? Hypocritical that.

Well than you're not at all concerned about Nature are you? You're going on
and on about putting culls in a farm pond while at the same time you let the
herons carry off your fish and drop them in the rivers and lakes all over
the place. What's the difference? You have no nets and the farmer's have no
nets = same thing! :-)))

And your messages as much as accused me of infecting a natural waterway
or
lake with diseased fish so you would have to reject your own messages!!!!!

I just pointed out what "could" happen. I didn't accuse you of anything.

And I'm pointing out that it could happen in your own pond, but instead of
looking at your own ponds where fish can be carried away, you look at the
farmer's pond and go on and on about it, knowing full well no pond is 100%
disease and parasite free. Yet you're not concerned about herons carrying
your fish and dropping them everywhere.... why is that? Your fish are no
healthier than anyone else's nor are they 100% disease and parasite free.

:-O Wow,... this is going be some group or will the moderators be able to
assume and accuse without anyone moderating them? Who will be moderating
you?

The other moderators.... one of which is Derek. Our message won't get a
free ride. ~ jan

Good, because I can see where you're trying to go with this.

This one takes the cake though - Pot (jan) calling kettles (farmers) black.
It's ok for the herons to drop your fish everywhere but not culls from a
farmer's pond........
--
ZB....
Frugal ponding since 1995.