Old 16-02-2007, 11:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Cat Deterrents

On 16 Feb, 11:31, "Donwill" popple @diddle .dot wrote:
Ditto any other non-harmful methods?

We've started to use Silent Roar pellets because we have new
neighbours and they have a tom cat who not only is not scared of our
tom, not scared of our 2 dogs but get in our house to eat our cat's
food! This moggie is amazing. We've water pistoled him several times
but he is still there! I became concerned because when chased out of
our garden he would leg it across the road to his house and a few
times he missed cars by inches and we don't want him dead.

So far I haven't seen any mess on my raised beds which is where he
kept going - I've started applying about 3 weeks ago when I noticed
how bad it was (when we were felling our eucalyptus tree). These
pellets are also good for squirrels and foxes apparently and were
voted best product last year. I made absolutely sure that the area was
all cleanned first and used lots of twigs as well.

I haven't tried any other methods because most moggies visiting are
usually scared of our dogs and find a strong tom. Though he is 17
years old now and perhaps cannot fight any longer or simply cannot be
bothered )