Old 16-02-2007, 04:02 PM posted to rec.ponds
Zebulon Zebulon is offline

Default ATTN: Ron and Galen - att: Galen

"Galen Hekhuis" wrote in message
On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 08:55:17 -0600, Tristan
wrote:

Houston, we have a problem......Y'all gonna have to modify the RFD to
allow potential posters the right to specify what mmoderator will
infact read their posts for approval. Seems some have troupble with
who may or may not read their posts now. If CArol can get special
priveledges on who gets to read her posts I also request that only
certain ones read and approve mine and no one but them.........

Just how far is this moderation requirement gonna need tobe refined
just to suit the problems created by one............I think it would
have been a whole lot quicker and really more efective if a consensus
of foks banded together and went after a certain person ISP and got
rif of the cancer totally.........Then all of usenet would be a better
place moderated or not.

I trust specialized moderator treatment will not put a delay in the
reading and posting of posts will it? I sure hate to miss any posts
that one has as its sure been a very enlightening experieince wth that
persons methods....

----------
We aren't set up to do anything at all like that right now. About
the only thing like that we have addressed is a common feeling that
moderators would not moderate their own posts. Even that requires
that a moderator recognize their own post and pass on it, sort of an
"honor system." It is pretty much chance as to what moderator reads
what post.

This may cause a problem Galen. There are a lot of hurt feelings and anger
where two of these proposed moderators are concerned. Human nature being
what it is they may not be able to remain neutral when "judging" someone's
messages they're angry at for whatever reason. That's why I feel we should
really try and find neutral moderators and those who can keep their cool
when disagreements come up.

It's doable in the software, but isn't written yet. For
now, it seems that the most effective thing is to raise objections to
the proposed moderator(s) about whether or not they should even be
moderators.

Human nature again. I doubt they'd agree and admit their animosity for
certain posters, and offer to step back so a neutral person can take their
place. Because if favoritism or censorship starts even a moderated group
would be doomed. I've seen that happen on Forums and posting boards over the
years. All but one are now gone from the scene.

--
Galen Hekhuis
We'll cross that bridge when it rears its ugly head

--
ZB....
Frugal ponding since 1995.