Old 16-02-2007, 04:04 PM posted to rec.ponds
Galen Hekhuis Galen Hekhuis is offline

Default ATTN: Ron and Galen

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 09:39:54 -0600, Tristan
wrote:

The moderators are not the problem, its assumptions made about the
mods and subtle changes certainposts may make by posters. Mods are
fine.........no need to change anything there...IMHO

I just know with the amount a few posters post and then wanting to be
choosey on who actually pases or denies their posts its gonna put a
lot of work onthat one mod, and leave other mods open for attacks with
claims to being biased ect from certain disgruntled posters.......Its
pretty bad that mods are getting trashed and opinions formed by one
whos posts get spread around like a viral infection long before they
get to do real moderator work.........That certianly can not be good
for a new group ,moderated or not. If thatone person cannot get rid of
certain mods its not going to take much to see that thye will do their
best to disupt the group with numerous posts......Somehow I think
actually banning is not a bad idea......and before its all over I bet
others are gonna see it that way too.

It may become a problem, I can see lots of potentials. People might
try to game the timezones to avoid a particular moderator. Like
you say, if requests are allowed some moderators might squawk at being
overburdened or virtually ignored. Perhaps some form of banning may
be necessary, but I hope not. Many things are trivial to change, I've
been able to change my IP at will over the past few weeks. There just
isn't much to work with in header information, and I think more and
more folks will find it easier and easier to screw with header
information as time goes on. It's pretty hard to disguise your text
and still get a message across.