Old 16-02-2007, 04:39 PM posted to rec.ponds
Zebulon Zebulon is offline

Default ATTN: Ron and Galen Att: Galen

"Galen Hekhuis" wrote in message
brevity snip

It may become a problem, I can see lots of potentials. People might
try to game the timezones to avoid a particular moderator. Like
you say, if requests are allowed some moderators might squawk at being
overburdened or virtually ignored. Perhaps some form of banning may
be necessary, but I hope not.

Banning those who constantly post profanity/smutty posts and degrading
personal attacks on others should be done. Those kinds of posts are a turn
off to any moderator and they shouldn't have to be exposed to them. They
cause bad vibes and negativity.

Many things are trivial to change, I've
been able to change my IP at will over the past few weeks. There just
isn't much to work with in header information, and I think more and
more folks will find it easier and easier to screw with header
information as time goes on. It's pretty hard to disguise your text
and still get a message across.

THERE YOU GO! That's just what I told Gill and Jan and a few people from
the aquarium groups when they wanted me to try and come back with a new nym
and persona to stop the troll attacks. It seems others here were ether
forced off the group or had to resort to this trickery because of the SAME
person/troll personally attacking them. You cannot disguise yourself
forever. The mods on the other hand are going to have to learn how to spot
forged headers. As Roy recently found out, the messages I've been accused
of sending are not from my account.

You are dealing with shrewd, experienced, obsessed "mission" trolls here as
Jayne called them Galen, and they have no intention of letting this go
because of a moderated group.
--
ZB....
Frugal ponding since 1995.