Old 16-02-2007, 06:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham Charlie Pridham is offline

Default *Very* clingy rosemary

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 16/2/07 13:40, in article
, "La Puce"
wrote:

On 16 Feb, 13:16, Sacha wrote:
A friend of ours has a wonderful prostrate rosemary and has told us to

go
and take cuttings if we want to (they live in Salcombe) This is not

the
more usual prostrate one and they can't remember its name. It gives

the
impression of clinging to the wall and flowing down it like a curtain

and
onwards across the path. It doesn't arch out and then down. Has

anyone any
suggestions as to which it might be? If I can get a few suggestions to

give
them they might remembers its name. I know it's tender in most places.

There's Primley Blue, Jackman's and Blue Rain. Semi prostrate Corsican
Blue.

None of these remotely fit the description I gave. Primley Blue is *only
just* prostrate and by many is described as upright. I have described the
one we know as appearing almost to cling to the wall. Rosmarinus Blue

Rain
grows to about 2' and will not run down a wall and across a path. It's

more
of a basket or tub plant. R. Jackman's is unknown to me or to Ray or the
Plant Finder or Google. And no, it's not R. Severn Seas, either.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Try contacting Charles Williams (burncoose nurseries) as there is a plant
matching that description in their customer car parking area (sorry I have
no idea which it is - but I have seen them down here and wondered, so am
interested in the answer!)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk