Old 17-02-2007, 12:55 AM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default hot tip of the month!!

i've discovered a most handy thing, which i will share :-) (my apologies if
the entire world has already thought of this ;-)

you can get old aluminium-window fly screens at 2nd-hand builders', etc, for
almost nothing. you can then use them to lay over the top of seedlings in a
veggie bed to keep THINGS off.

next, i think i shall make some tall frames for them with screen over the
sides too, so taller plants can be blocked all around from THINGS.

anyone whose garden is free from THINGS, of course, need not concern
themselves. g the screens are good for drying as well - lay your fruit etc
on the wire, cover with muslin or other fine fabric, & leave in the sun
(elevated off the ground). also good to put your taties on for a couple of
days to dry after harvesting. i could go on - i am loving my old
fly-screens! and they're fully washable. g

does anyone else have any hot tips?
kylie