Old 17-02-2007, 01:06 AM posted to aus.gardens
HC HC is offline

Default Fragipani cuttings

G'day again

One thought that I had last night re Frangi trees growing in a large
pot.......how large is the root system? and how invasive? I realise
that I'll have to repot every few years but wondering if the root system
would crack a glazed pot, for instance.

Thinking of putting the red one I bought on eBay in a large glazed pot.
Bronwyn ;-)

Peter wrote:
Peter wrote:

Hia folks im new to these woods, just wondering if anyone knows how to
take cuttings from a fragipani and if its difficult/Possible

the house we rent is being sold and we have this beautifull pink and
yellow one id realy like to keep a bit for later on when we get a
place of our own so i guess i need to knwo if they would like to be in
a pot as well

Cheers Folks
Pete

thanks a lot Folks, i will try a bit from everyone's book i reckon
i didn't think to cut the leaves Off and standing them upright seems
like a good idea too

will cut a few more and try the newspaper idea as well

cheers to all who answered