Old 17-02-2007, 03:01 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.food.cooking,rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] Usenet2007@THE-DOMAIN-IN.SIG is offline

Default How do you get the most bang for your fruit & vege buck?

In article ,
says...

"fudge" wrote in message

I have a root cellar kept at zero degrees celcius behind my farmhouse
full of homespun stored vegetables. I can chose from carrots, turnips,
sprounts, cabbage and potatoes. I also have a cold room in my house
containing onions, garlic and various types of squash. A freezer holds
frozen peas, lima beans and soy beans along with frozen chicken and
turkey. The cost of these items is virtually nothing.

Well, you work hard for those vegetables, don't you?

It depends on what other alternative activities would have filled
that time.

Lots and lots of people spend hours per day BEING vegetables, in
front of their television sets. And it saps their energy
(physical and mental.)

I don't see too many people suggesting that the time/energy THEY
spend on the TeeVee to be any sort of cost or sacrifice.

And I have also never heard any of them explain the payback (in
food, money, or any other benefit) of those hours and hours
devoted to the idiot box.

It is a value system whereby Avoidance Of Effort is the most
important thing. Regardless of the waste and lack of any payback
whatsoever.

--
Want Privacy?
http://www.MinistryOfPrivacy.com/