Old 17-02-2007, 08:04 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.food.cooking,rec.gardens.edible
Dick Adams Dick Adams is offline

Default How do you get the most bang for your fruit & vege buck?

Not saying these are the "freshest" fruits/vegetables but they do
still have shelf-life at the .99=A2 Only Stores. Won't work for anyone
not in California, Nevada, Texas or Arizona of course. For example
yesterday when I was in there saw 4 packs of Asian pears and 5lb bag
of white potatoes.

Oh! One other place for good buys on good produce are the ethnic
markets. I shop at the Asian market, and the prices are amazing.
$1.30/lb for ginger root; $1.99 for pineapple; Garlic 6/$1; Shallots
$0.99/bag of couple dozen small.

Asian markets are terrific for vegetable prices. A friend runs a deli
and found a local Asian market selling retail for what he is paying
wholesale! He laughed and said at least he got his delivered.

Dick