Old 17-02-2007, 10:14 AM posted to rec.ponds
Gill Passman Gill Passman is offline

Default Was constant algae - now pond chat....

cat daddy wrote:

I built a pond for my mom (she was from Beckenham, in Bromley, btw) back
in the 80's. I kept it up and improved it, but it was well established
by the time I found this group, so I mostly lurked and left the advice
to the experts.

Don't know Bromley myself, but hubby went to Ravensbourne so knows it
very well. I tend to be a lurker myself, there always used to be good
information just to read as much as anything else. Some great people on
these groups as well - hopefully they will come back in droves to the
moderated group. I used to love reading the stories like the ones about
Gary's Koi (Walter) and other's musings - the gentle banter with nothing
being taken personally - oh well, hopefully those days can return.

What ponds do you have right now? I seem to be eternally in the planning
stage since draining my pond a few years ago when the little one was
toddling about and my fear of her drowning was greater than my desire to
keep the pond going.....it was pretty though and had started to mature
nicely so it was a great shame to see it go. It did also have a siting
issue - the garden has a lot of trees overhanging it - and keeping up
with the leaf clearance was quite a task....even with netting.

Gill