Old 17-02-2007, 12:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default *Very* clingy rosemary

On 17/2/07 12:27, in article , "Janet Tweedy"
wrote:

In article , Sacha
writes

None of these remotely fit the description I gave. Primley Blue is *only
just* prostrate and by many is described as upright. I have described the
one we know as appearing almost to cling to the wall. Rosmarinus Blue Rain
grows to about 2' and will not run down a wall and across a path. It's more
of a basket or tub plant. R. Jackman's is unknown to me or to Ray or the
Plant Finder or Google. And no, it's not R. Severn Seas, either.

Suggest you might try
National collection holder: Charlesworth, Dr S J

Address: Dr S J Charlesworth, Downderry Nursery, Pillar Box Lane,
Hadlow, Tonbridge, Kent, TN11 9SW,

Telephone: 01732 810081
E-mail:

Website:
www.downderry-nursery.co.uk

Thanks, Janet, I'll have a look at the rosemary in Salcombe first and
photograph it. I haven't seen it since last summer, so can't remember the
finer details, only its extraordinary growth habit. I'm also going to ask
Olivier Filippi in France if any of his answer that description. (Am also
going to order two or three of R. 'Montagnette' from him, which is a pure
white one) We do know that it's too tender for 'normal' gardens in this
country, so it might not be widely available, other than at places like
Burncoose, as Charlie suggested.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk