Old 17-02-2007, 04:46 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.food.cooking,rec.gardens.edible
RivahCat RivahCat is offline

Default How do you get the most bang for your fruit & vege buck?

On 15 Feb 2007 17:08:54 -0800, a day that will live in infamy, James
stood on a soapbox and proclaimed:
:Produce is high these days. Cheapest for me for 5 daily store bought
:fruit & vege servings a banana, cabbage, dry beans, carrot, squash.
:
:Home grown is even more expensive because animals and birds eat my
:fruits before they ripe. I do however get a few odd veges and a good
:crop of tomatoes and garlic each year.
:
:
One good thing is to look for a list of what fruits/veggies are in
season for which month... produce in season is ALWAYS cheaper and
better. We are SOOO spoiled by having tomatoes and strawberries in
winter; they never taste anywhere as good as when they are in the season
when they naturally come ripe.

"Only two things that money can't buy,
And that's true love and home-grown tomatoes."

--
RivahCat ^..^
"IN BAST WE TRUST"