Old 17-02-2007, 05:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default Cat Deterrents

"La Puce" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 16 Feb, 15:42, "George.com" wrote:
if so stupid busteds have a tom cat in the neighbourhood, apart from
giving
them a mouthful about being irresponsible, one of the easiets things may
be
to bung them some $$ to get the cat fixed if they can't be bothered
themselves. Getting a tom fixed solves a number of problems.

This did occur to us - but they don't look too approachable right now,
3 blokes it seems with two white dirty vans, 2 cars (one has never

La Puce. It is MOST important that you talk to them and 'make friends' with
them. You have to 'live' with them and they are SO important to your
happiness. We have wonderful neighbours all round because we talk to them
and joke with them. One of them people are a bit wary of, but he is fine, he
was the one clearing the pedestrian underpass the other day. Believe it or
not, you have something in common with these and have a 'talking point'.
Find it, enlarge on it, and then 'approach' your problem.

Only today I approached a neighbour with a problem he was making, (as it
happens he was annoyed by the problem himself, not aware HE was making
it!!!!) and it will be looked into next Tuesday when a rep calls on him!!!

Sorry, but I studied psychology and have dealt with 'The Human Race' for
quite a number of years :-))

Mike

--
www.rnshipmates.co.uk