Old 17-02-2007, 05:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Cat Deterrents

On 17 Feb, 17:03, "'Mike'" wrote:
La Puce. It is MOST important that you talk to them and 'make friends' with
them. You have to 'live' with them and they are SO important to your
happiness. We have wonderful neighbours all round because we talk to them
and joke with them. One of them people are a bit wary of, but he is fine, he
was the one clearing the pedestrian underpass the other day. Believe it or
not, you have something in common with these and have a 'talking point'.
Find it, enlarge on it, and then 'approach' your problem.

You are entirely right off course. I'll perhaps brace myself and will
go across. But Mike, I have an accent, I'm a little lady, I'm smilling
all the time, I cannot say no, I get distracted and I love animals -
I'm sure they're going to either offer me the bleeding cats or ask me
in for a beer and a game of pool and I'll end up making them some food
and clearing their garden LOL!!!

I just don't have that time. Maybe when I'll retire ...

Only today I approached a neighbour with a problem he was making, (as it
happens he was annoyed by the problem himself, not aware HE was making
it!!!!) and it will be looked into next Tuesday when a rep calls on him!!!
Sorry, but I studied psychology and have dealt with 'The Human Race' for
quite a number of years :-))

It's true, until you talk you simply don't know. You sound like a good
neighbour and a great diplomat )