Old 17-02-2007, 07:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default *Very* clingy rosemary

On 17/2/07 18:32, in article
, "La Puce"
wrote:

On 17 Feb, 18:08, Sacha wrote:
If you persist in calling a plant by the wrong name, people cannot find it.
You still call this plant "Jackman's", which is not its name. Charlie
suggested I ask Burncoose which rosemary they have in their car park and I
have done so. Neither Charlie nor Burncoose - yet - have told me this is R.
"Jackman's Prostrate". If it is the one our friends have, all well and good
but if it is not, all your jumping up and down is to no avail.

(light pruning)

Sacha - it's fine. You need to also calm down. I understand what you
are getting at now. Put simply, I get it see, but if you don't tell me
what you mean, then I won't know. Not yet psychic but also I don't
have your knowledge. Yet. Give me a couple of decades. You are now
saying that the RHS plant finder has the wrong named plant in it.
Thank god you're here. That's all I have to say.

Maybe incorrectly named. Only maybe. Maybe it's a new sport - who knows?
You don't but you are *determined* to ram it down my throat when all I'm
trying to do is be a bit cautious.
Are you saying that you're not aware that plants are sometimes incorrectly
misattributed and that when that is discovered, corrections are made?
Really? You've never seen that in the Plant Finder?
I could not find that plant because you didn't give its correct name - you
missed out the 'prostrate' bit which was the final, essential component. As
you know, people can only identify plants by their Latin names if they get
the whole story and Latin names make it easier for everyone to know what
they're talking about or looking for.

As for boasting - I don't do it more than you, beleive me. However,
before you tell us that your customers wouldn't care less about the
provenance of their plants and you boasting about your god daughter
activities in Totnes, perhaps she'd care to know, prior to inviting
Paul Mobbs and Kate Dooley, who I happen to have met, that you sell
regardless of provenance.

What on earth are you talking about? My god daughter talked to us about
these matters and meeting one of those involved (not those you name).
Knowing that they lie within the interest of some people who are here, I
posted some detail about it. This is 'showing off'? She isn't 'inviting'
anyone here or anywhere else. It has nothing to do with me at all so once
again, you have not read a post properly. You do this over and over again
and then it's everyone else's fault but yours.

Ho, but you don't, your husband does. Silly
me. I get so confused to what you actually do in that nursery. What do
you actually do?!

What I do here is nothing that need concern you, Helene. Just as what you do
at URBED Manchester, doesn't interest me or anyone else.
But here we are - you're trying once more to denigrate my husband's
business. I really don't know what's wrong with you and I don't care but you
have taken my words and a well-meant piece of information that could, in
fact, be useful to you and twisted it to libel this business. I do assure
you that if you continue on that line, you will most certainly be brought to
book for it.
You simply cannot take on board information. Any nursery that tells you it
knows that a lily from Lesotho is *precisely* x, y or z is not being
truthful. If, OTOH, you prefer to be lied to by someone who does gives you
that assurance, then you will be duped and serve you right. Your plant
knowledge is not great and it's certainly not improving with this attitude
of "Miss Never Wrong".

As for the killfiling - you've done a good job there. Telling people
to kill file others is indeed a great pass time of yours. It's easier
than being found out incorrect or are we just a little bit too
controlling here?! By the way, a few have stopped even reading you if
you must know.

No, Helene, everyone who answered me before and was interesting to me, still
does so. Those who don't are no loss, frankly. I don't advise kill filing,
other than the persistent trolls who post about unrelated matters, quite
the contrary. I think every member of a group should be aware of the
mischief being made on it by people like you. So I read everyone who posts
to this group on a regular and group-orientated basis, unfortunately for
you. You have relied on being in peoples' kill files in the past so as to
do your nasty worst - doesn't work with me, I'm afraid.

Hope you find your plant - I couldn't care less anymore.

Tsk. From this I think we may deduce that you've been taught something you
really don't want to learn from someone you don't wish to listen to. Your
loss.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk