Old 17-02-2007, 11:14 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Drying Out Potted Plants

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 22:37:32 -0000, "Just Asking"
wrote:

What is the best way to dry out a plant's soil (without drying out the plant)
after flushing or overwatering?

If anyone has any tips, that would be great.

It seems to me that the greatest obstacle to flushing plants in soil,
is that the soil remains wet for far too long.

Alex

Drain off the saucer. Place in a well-ventilated area, but keep in
mind that some plants resent being moved. Some morning sunlight
helps. A clay pot dries much faster than a plastic or glazed pot. Of
course it's best not to overwater most plants and it will quickly kill
some. When I give a plant a "shower" I protect the top of the pot
using aluminum foil.