Old 17-02-2007, 11:21 PM posted to rec.gardens
FragileWarrior FragileWarrior is offline

Default Chocolate scented flowers

Janet Baraclough wrote in
:

The message
from FragileWarrior contains these
words:

Here are a few others that smell like chocolate (from the article
that gave the link I posted). I don't know how I forgot about
Chocolate Mint. I was always a fav of mine!

Chocolate Mint, Mentha piperita cv.
Got a craving for a peppermint pattie? The taste of these edible
leaves will remind you of this favorite minty-chocolate treat. Try
some in coffee or hot chocolate. Or dry the leaves and mix them into
your favorite brownie batter. Chocolate Mint does best with at least
half a day of sun. The plant can grow and spread aggressively, so try
placing it in a large container in your chocolate-themed garden.

I have that, but have to say it smells more like mint and not much
like chocolate. Nice colour though.

If you like plants with dark foliage, here's a great book full of
them

Purple Passion by Karen Black

Janet

Thanks, I'll take a look at it.