Old 18-02-2007, 01:14 AM posted to rec.gardens
FragileWarrior FragileWarrior is offline

Default Chocolate scented flowers

Janet Baraclough wrote in
:

The message
from FragileWarrior contains these
words:

Janet Baraclough wrote in
:

If you like plants with dark foliage, here's a great book full of
them

Purple Passion by Karen Black

Janet

I think that might be Karen Platt, right?

Yes, sorry, and I forgot the title too, it's Black Magic And Purple
Passion . Male guests here always pick that title from the shelf to
browse through.

Her books are expensive! Even used!

I can't think why anyone would pay $85 for a used copy when it's
still
in print and easily available new for about $32. I bought direct from
the publisher , see

http://www.karenplatt.co.uk/books/blackmagic/

which also gives you a look inside the book, at the quality of
illustrations.

Looking that up was a bad move; now I've found out she's done a
series of other foliage colour schemes. Very tempting :-)

Janet

hee hee hee I'm a great believer in books. Fetchbook and I have a
long and fruitful relationship -- even if it is to send me off looking
elsewhere occasionally.

Thanks for the heads up and the nice antidote about your male guests.
)