Old 18-02-2007, 12:59 AM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] Usenet2007@THE-DOMAIN-IN.SIG is offline

Default Moles/gophers heading my way - how to stop?

In article ,
says...
On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 13:43:30 GMT, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

I have not likened anyone to a rock star. Surely you recognise why any
internationally important figure on public engagements, is preceded by
detailed arrangements, agreed in advance between the host and the VIP's
team of assistants. The DL is no exception.

I'm now going to once again "unattach" myself to your silly statements
about someone you've probably never seen in person,

Well, I have seen the Dalai Lama in person, at a lecture a few
years ago.

He looked like a fairly regular old guy (except for his great
booming deep voice.) He had a slight cold, and occasionally put
a crumpled Kleenex to his nose.

I didn't feel any urge to worship him.

let alone know how
his attendants give orders of protocol to hosts. It's not done. If
the host asks, they give protocol. If not, they proceed.

Puh-leeeze... He would probably feel great relief at having an
encounter without all the trappings. He has been quoted as
laughing at the pretentiousness of that title, "His Holiness."

A hypothetical visit to my home? I would show him my vegetable
garden (see? ON-topic!) Then maybe lunch of store-bought rice
plus my own veggies. And just hang out with some positive,
one-to-one conversation. Maybe hoping that my home and
possessions - quite modest by many western standards - wouldn't
seem too proud or wealthy.

"Protocol"? Nah, wouldn't have time for that snotty little
pretentiousness...

--
Want Privacy?
http://www.MinistryOfPrivacy.com/