Old 18-02-2007, 01:01 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ jan ~ jan is offline

Default Was constant algae - now pond chat....

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 21:04:39 +0000, Gill Passman
wrote:

circumstances change again.....Unfortunately, we do not have a passage
way large enough to get a decent digger down the side of the house....so
, just like with the original pond, it is going to be me with a
spade....hubby might help, but doesn't have the same motivation as
me....he'll help set up a tank quickly enough - building cabinets,
plumbing etc. but kind of draws the line at digging holes.....but that
is fine by me....afterall, you sure burn off a lot of calories digging - lol

Speaking of digging, I'm beginning to get the feeling I'll be doing similar
to get my lily pond filter put in. Luckily I'm in a very sandy location,
but still, I'd rather have someone else do it. ;-)

Partly I would find having a lake a bit of distraction in my
plans......why attempt to create something artificial when you have
nature sitting on your doorstep?

We visited a pond where they had the whole Columbia River to look out
within about 50-100 feet of the house. Kind of made the pond seem out of
place, and even though it was a large pond, as ornamental ponds go, it seem
puny compared to that big river. ~ jan