Old 18-02-2007, 05:53 PM posted to rec.ponds
~ jan ~ jan is offline

Default New Group For The Aquatic Gardening Community

Spam is getting to be a bit too much around here, many ISPs, including
my former one are dropping Usenet all together

It really is too bad that. Forums just can't do what usenet can with a good
news reader. I can filter "noise" even on-topic people I consider "noise".
But best of all, as I read I can delete the message to trash so when I do a
download I'm only reading what I haven't read.

Forums are like a half read book where you've lost the marker of where you
read last. The reader has to remember, which with 100's of posts is
impossible. Thus, imo, you lose the community, as people go thru and pick &
choose messages. Time being the ultimate concern.

If just a few people would ignore each other, get over the past, newsgroups
would still rule. Hopefully RPM will bring the sanity back (somewhat). :-)
~ jan