Old 18-02-2007, 07:00 PM posted to rec.ponds
Concerned Aquaria Group Members Concerned Aquaria Group Members is offline

Default New Group For The Aquatic Gardening Community

"Concerned Aquaria Group Members" aka Roy "Tristan" Hauer
wrote in message
I would almost bet you would get a ton of folks from this and the
other aquaria groups if you could gurantee that CArol Gulley aka
Zebulon was banned or prevented from being able to post on that forum.

[REJECTION] = Repetitious Content. Slander. Stalking. False Accusations.
Group Disruption. Spreading Hate. Signs of Homocidal Obsession With
Victim.Further attempts to intrude on conversations will result in summary
deletion of all your posts, unread, for a period of one week. Proving a
negative is fallacious argument.

No one is really in favor of a moderated and controlled group, but it
hass come down to needing a moderated group to put a harness on CArol
Gulley, aka Zebulon. Now if you culd block her IP, or at least prevent
her from posting, and the forum could be used mainly as an
unmoderated forum, I bet there would be a lot of folks utilizing it
from here. There is a lot of folks here with lots of knowledge,
unfortunately most lurk anymore due to the troll Zebulon.....Look what
she has done using other folks user id's inthe other aquaria
groups.....Just look at allthose posts from a user named
Tristan......Tristan has only made perhaps 10 posts all of which were
on topic, unlike the ones she made usuing tristans name just to
discredit and cause turmoil among users......If you can keep Carol
Gulley out, I am sure that forum will be a go......

Sometimes its best to just be harsh and do what really needs doing
from the start and not allow some folks to say they will be on their
best behavior. Nip it in the bud before it can even start, and it will
be a good forum. And from the looks of it, all that needs nipping is
one single old BUD....and everything else will fall into place just
fine.

Lots of luck

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 23:51:31 -0600, Glass Gardens
wrote:

Spam is getting to be a bit too much around here, many ISPs, including
my former one are dropping Usenet all together and after looking into
it, setting up a forum was cheaper than subscribing to a commercial
Usenet provider and still putting up with all the spam.

So, I resurrected my old domain and got a forum up and running. It's
not
a commercial site, I pay for the hosting, membership is free, although
you might be asked to help run the place or contribute content etc.

the address is http://www.glass-gardens.com/glassgardens, or you can
link from the homepage at www.glass-gardens.com all are welcome
(except
spammers, trolls and other assorted vermin)

Have a great day !

-------