Old 26-03-2003, 01:32 PM

Default Replacement battery for B & D lawmower

On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 16:26:13 -0000, "Philip Tempest"
wrote:

I have a cordless Black and Decker GRC840 lawnmower that needs a replacement
battery (12V; 28A). The price I have been quoted by a B & D "approved"
supplier is GBP150 which to my mind is excessive. A similar generic battery
costs about GBP40 but is not the correct size to fit into the mower. Has
anyone had to replace one of these batteries? Any suggestions?

I assume (but don't know for sure) that these are sealed lead-acid
batteries. Maplin Electronics stock several ranges of this type of
battery for different purposes, http://www.maplin.co.uk.

(I have a bit of an interest as I have a B&D cordless trimmer,
although it doesn't need a new battery yet).
--
Stuart Baldwin
news\at/boxatrix\dot/co\dot/uk