Old 19-02-2007, 03:49 AM posted to rec.gardens
Alan Sung Alan Sung is offline

Default How to remove asphalt

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,
I am converting some driveway into beds and a walkway and I want to
remove some of the asphalt. Is a sledgehammer the way to go. Can I
(safely) score a line in the asphalt with a circular saw and concrete/
tile blade?

Eric

A score line in asphalt won't work like scoring a tile or glass. If you want
a nice clean line, then you almost need to cut thru the asphalt entirely. A
circular saw blade with diamonds will work, but you should use it wet. The
process will make a huge mess of your circular saw. Don't try to cut too
fast since you are going thru 2 or 3 inches of asphalt, not a 1/4" tile.

-alan sung
Rapid Realm Technology, Inc.
Hopkinton, MA (zone 6a)