Old 19-02-2007, 01:34 PM
davegtiuk davegtiuk is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
I have a tea olive shrub (osmanthus fragrans) and I would like to root some
cuttings.

I've been told that if I stake a low branch into the ground -- leaving the
outer leaves exposed but the stem still attached to the trunk -- that it
will take root, and I can then clip the connection to the trunk and repot
the new plant.

How long should I leave the plant attached before replanting?
Ray,
if you are in the UK, I could root some cuttings for you. I have a cuttings bed which has bottom heat and a misting system and it manages to get most things to root. Contact me if you are interested.