Old 19-02-2007, 12:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Niek Hanckmann Niek Hanckmann is offline

Default non-orchid

Last summer I took a Tillandsia from a tree in Brasil, brought it home
and waited to see it flowering. The plant resembles Spanish Moss, but it
is not growing as vigourously. At the moment it is flowering, if you
would like to call it so. The flower is less than 2mm across! Hereby two
pictures, one of the flower and one of the plant.

Greets, Niek

By the way, if anyone knows the name of this species, I would be happy
to know!

danny schreef:
1/4"? Definitely less than 1/2". I just used my old Nikon 4500 camera,
it's not an SLR. I really haven't used the DSLR much since I got it.
-danny

"Roy" wrote in message
. ..
Danny

How small is the bloom? and what len did you use for the close up?

Roy
"danny" wrote in message
This picture was taken a couple months ago, I'd never seen the plant in
bloom before.
-danny

Attached Thumbnails
non-orchid-tillandsia-brasil-noid-flower.jpg   non-orchid-tillandsia-brasil-noid-plant.jpg