Old 19-02-2007, 07:04 PM posted to rec.gardens
Val Val is offline

Default Drying Out Potted Plants

"Dennis Mayer" wrote in message

I had many, many fungus gnats in my basement & in my sun room.

Sprinkling ground cinnamon on the soil will immediately eliminate the gnats
and keep the eggs from hatching and won't harm any of your plants. Works
like a charm. This trick was taught to me by a fellow who had a huge green
house and extensive orchid collection. I've been doing this for years with
great success. I bought a huge bottle of ground cinnamon from the dollar
store and keep it in my garden bag.

Val