Old 19-02-2007, 05:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Draven Draven is offline

Default What a grey day...

"La Puce" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 19 Feb, 09:38, "Draven" wrote:
They are on half term this week in my area.
We've had sheds being broken into over the last few weeks.
They've been at mine during the day time.
Looking on the bright side I've actually got a Margaret Merril rose in
flower.
Going to have a sniff of it now. ;O)

Old Tony yesterday told me quite a good idea - he has never had his
shed broken into. He told me that's because he puts his buckets of
salty slugs/snails by the door, comfrey mix and fag mix as well. The
stench is so formidable, kids run from it. I usually manage to clear
it all by november and sometimes mine don't smell until you move them
about - but am going to try it and see (and perhaps hang the bones
which I find when digging on the doors of my sheds, with feathers etc.
- hoping that would be scary?! (Though my kids would be curious and
would like to see inside ... and I would have been too as a kid ;o)

Good idea.
But my shed has a fire door with a 5 lever insurance approved lock.
It's not the door that's at risk it's the roof. Which they have been having
a go at on a daily basis.